Tom Gemmell Bursary Fund
The Presbyterian Music Camp Committee is pleased to establish The Tom Gemmell Presbyterian Music Camp Bursary Fund in grateful memory of The Rev. Dr. Thomas Gemmell, who passed away on May 13, 2012. Tom was a devoted Presbyterian, having served congregations in Whitehorse, Oshawa, St-Laurent, Ajax and Ottawa. Tom had a deep love of music, and Tom’s family and the Presbyterian Music Camp Committee are convinced that the Tom Gemmell Bursary Fund would be an appropriate way to remember Tom and to encourage more people to experience the joy and Christian community life of Presbyterian Music Camp. The Tom Gemmell Bursary Fund will provide bursaries to cover the cost of attending Presbyterian Music Camp for one member of the clergy or certified student, and one Music Director.
How to Apply for Tom Gemmell Bursary
- Complete a “Tom Gemmell Presbyterian Music Camp Bursary Fund Application Form”. You can download a copy of this form from the website.
- Send the application to the PMC Convener by snail- or e-mail by May 15.
- The camp committee will anonymously review all the Tom Gemmell bursary requests we received up to May 15, and allocate funds. You should hear from us about funding within two weeks of May 15.
- The bursary covers the registration fee for one adult.
- If additional campers will accompany you to camp (e.g., family members) and they require bursary support, you may apply for an Alison Stewart Patterson bursary for these campers, using the form on the music camp website (www.musicamp.ca). These campers will pay the early bird fee if they register by June 30.
- If you are unable to attend camp for any reason, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can consider reallocating your bursary.
- The camp committee may choose to consider requests received between May 15 and July 31, if funding permits. The camp committee will not consider any requests received after July 31.
- If you have any questions about the Tom Gemmell Bursary Fund, please contact the PMC Convener (firstname.lastname@example.org).