The Alison Stewart-Patterson Fund
The Alison Stewart Patterson (ASP) fund was set up many years ago to honour Alison Stewart Patterson, the founder of music camp. The ASP fund provides bursaries for individuals or families who need financial assistance with camp fees. Revenue for the fund comes from earmarked donations, the Sunday worship offering (unless otherwise specified by the donor), tuck profits, and merchandise profits.
How to Apply for an ASP Bursary
- Register for camp .
- Complete an ASP application form. You can download a copy of this form from the website or send the required information by email.
- Send the ASP application and your deposit for camp fees to the Treasurer. We cannot consider your bursary request unless you have registered and paid the deposit. If you are unable to pay the deposit, please see below for exceptional circumstances.
- On May 15 the ASP subcommittee will anonymously review all the ASP bursary requests we received up to that date, and allocate funds. You should hear from us about funding by May 31. Your camp fees will not increase from the date that you register, even if the fees have gone up by the time we tell you about your funding.
- The maximum amount of a bursary is ½ the early bird registration fee for the appropriate age category, unless there are exceptional circumstances. (See below).
- If you believe that you might qualify for more funding (including funding of the deposit if necessary) because of exceptional circumstances, please contact the Treasurer by email (email@example.com) to explain your exceptional circumstances and the amount you are requesting. Your request will be considered anonymously by the ASP subcommittee.
- The Treasurer will tell you how much funding we can provide, the balance owing, and when you have to make your payment. You can post-date your cheque to August 1 if necessary.
- If you are unable to attend camp because of insufficient bursary funding, we will refund any fees that you paid, including the deposit.
- The ASP subcommittee will consider requests received after May 15 in the order in which we receive them. You will follow the procedure above (register and pay the deposit). You will pay the fee that applies at the time that you register.
- If you have any questions about ASP bursary funding, please contact the PMC treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you need additional information about financial assistance, have questions about the application, or need to inform us of a change to your applications, please contact Cathy at email@example.com.